Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lord Have Mercy on a Country Girl

I'm sorry about the lack of post on Friday. It didn't feel polite to be sitting on the computer blogging with company even though they weren't strictly my company. Friday night I had to work and then I went pretty much straight to bed because I had to work at 7:30 Saturday morning. When I got out of work, I ran home, ate lunch, watched two episodes of Barney Miller with Nenu and then had to go to my first company softball game in Wolfeboro. That game was a little embarrassing. We lost 30-4 in only 7 1/2 or 8 innings. We switched up the teams a little (we got two of their best players they got one so-so player of ours) and played a 3 inning game. We lost 5-3. Not too bad. Better than before but one of our best players pulled his hamstring halfway through the second game and had to sit the rest out. After the game I was totally wiped so I took a nice long shower and got right in my pj's. There is nothing like that feeling. You're tired, sore, sweaty, grimy, and just generally icky, you take a nice hot, hot shower and totally pamper yourself. I almost soaked my feet but I was too lazy and relaxed to do anything after my shower.
I didn't sleep too well last night. I got hit just below my knee, in that kinda funky place between your kneecap and your shin, with a softball that was coming pretty fast. I didn't bruise but by bedtime it hurt to walk so I put a rice sock on it when I went to bed and it hasn't hurt since (although I think that is the only part of my body that doesn't hurt!)

This morning was the second Sunday in a row in which I have woken up with the distinct feeling that it was Monday and was very surprised when Dad woke me up. Not sure what's up with that but if it happens again, I'll start getting worried about my mental health. :P

Currently in the freezer are two wonderful frozen yogurt pies. They are an awesome concoction that I think my mum made up but I could be mistaken. They're wicked easy. You just mix up two containers of yogurt with one container of cool whip, pour it into a graham cracker crust and freeze it. Easy as...well...pie! This time I made a graham cracker crust pie with blueberry yogurt and then one with an Oreo crust, black cherry yogurt and chocolate squiggles on top. Mmmmm! I can't wait until they finish freezing. They've only been in for three-quarters of an hour or so but I think we'll take them out a little early.

There is something about cooking and country music. When I'm in the kitchen, country music is the perfect thing. I think it makes my cooking better. In fact, I'm pretty darn sure it does. I can't go wrong when Josh Turner is crooning in the background. :]

No comments: