Thursday, January 15, 2009

Clothes Part 2

I am such a horrible updater. I've been meaning for the last week or so to give you an update on my clothing/fashion progress but I've been busy what with classes starting and work hours picking up 'n' all.
I think I unleashed a monster. Now that I feeling a little more bold towards my clothing choices, I am raring to try new things. Not every style, however, is on the menu. I do not like the uber slouchy, baggy, gypsy/bird-lady look.
The downside is now I feel the need to majorly renovate my wardrobe. If I had the means, I would spend muchomoula on clothes. Clothes, shoes, accessories, they are my weakness. My wardrobe does truthfully need help, however, in the shoe category. The shoes that I wear are flipflops, black ballet flats, and sandal heels. I don't really have anything else. I have a pair of near-stiletto black boots whose heels are worn down to the nail, a pair of brown faux suede wedge boots that I cannot wear in winter, and a pair of pink Timberlands.
The black boots are unwearable at the present moment, the brown faux suede are missing and not winter proof, and the pink Timberlands are well, pink Timberlands.
See? My shoe collection is lacking. I will be taking off pretty soon, however to remedy that.
Update on skinny jeans and vest project. Mission status: COMPLETED!
I found the skinny jeans fairly quickly at Goodwill. The jeans looked brand new. My guess is that someone bought them, ripped the tags off, didn't like them or they didn't fit and either the store wouldn't take them back or left them in their drawer for a while before donating them.
The vest took a bit more effort. There was nothing at Goodwill that I liked. I could have sworn Walmart carried vests but nnnoooooo. Fortunately, in a flash of brilliance, I checked out Fashion Bug and lo and behold, they had them on CLEARANCE! I bought two. First a cute cropped, brown halter number that fit perfectly and I fell in love with right away. And secondly, a longer, more 'vesty' black pinstripe that was only in large but I bought anyway with the view of taking it in. That part of the mission I have yet to complete because my sewing machine needle broke and I haven't replaced it yet. :-P
One thing I have picked up from all of my fashion blog browsing is I need more closet space. Apparently, you feels more inclined to wear more of your clothes and make different combinations with them if you can see them all at once. My closet, however, is tiny. And I don't have anywhere to expand my hanging space without some major renovations. :-(

More better updatingly updates later hopefully.

No comments: