Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Homework

Last Thursday, I had my first College Composition class. I have my second one tomorrow. I just started my homework. I know, I'm horrible but I was busy and trying to get my stupid Psych homework done. And this homework is fairly easy and isn't going to be handed in. Except for one little thing that I completely forgot about. I know you're wondering why I am still on here and not off doing my homework but, this IS my homework. One of my assignments is a keep a journal, write about specific things, and to try to write at least 1200 words a week. Before tomorrow I have to write approximately 1200 words about myself and the book I picked out and started to read for my book report due in a couple weeks. Oh wait, I lied, I already wrote some about myself that will count towards my journal. I started a letter to a friend of mine and I wrote a nice long email to my cousin. I wasn't meaning them to be towards my journal but Mr. Plyler said things like that will count towards it. I didn't have a Psych class this week because of MLK day. I did have homework for it though, I was supposed to take an online quiz of the first chapter in the book. I took the quiz today and got an 85. I really hope that it won't considered late or anything. I didn't realize that he would post more homework for this week. I figured I would have all of this week to work on it too. I logged on to take week one's quiz and he had added week two's quiz and assignments two days ago. *Gulp* I don't think I will take vacations for granted anymore. Or at least not for a long time.
The book I chose for my book report is Pride and Prejudice. I have read it before and aren't book reports generally supposed to be to get you to read books you haven't read before and maybe wouldn't usually read? But I haven't read P&P in a while and I wanted something that I would enjoy, haven't read a million times (yet), but still knew the story of. Sometimes when you're reading a new book (especially one you have to read) you can get really bogged down at times and it can get really difficult to finish reading it before a set time. Pride and Prejudice, I knew for a fact, I wouldn't get bogged down in. I started reading P&P just last night. I am supposed to read the first 50 pages before tomorrow's class. Easy. I'm almost done. With the first 50 pages that is. Not with the whole book. I am a little worried about the book report though. I have never actually written a book report. I was homeschooled and never had to. It isn't due for a few weeks yet though and I'll have mum to help me with the basics.
This hasn't even hit the half-way mark in what I should write each week but I'm going to stop here and get off. We have the Truth Project tonight and I really need to get ready.

No comments: