Tuesday, December 2, 2008

You threw off my groove!

Last Saturday, we were given two six-packs of Squamscot Beverages in Mistletoe Mist flavor, for employee samples. I was a little apprehensive about the new soda. I had tried Squamscot sodas before and wasn't impressed. They tended to be flat and boring. However, the Mistletoe Mist flavor had me intrigued so I grabbed a bottle on my way out. I promptly forgot about it and it sat in the fridge until this morning when headed for the milk to wash down leftovers of Mom's amazing Hawaiian pizza, I spotted it. Because I had no idea what Mistletoe Mist tastes like, I had nothing for comparison. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Mistletoe Mist is quite good. The initial taste is sort of subtle grapefruity and cherry-y. There is also another flavor in there that I'm not quite sure what it is. The after taste is strange. It's almost like the initial taste but more watery, if you will, which sounds unappetizing but works. While I was sitting here debating the complicated inner-workings of this wonderous new soda, my mom takes a sip and declares it tastes like one of those gingerale and fruitpunch punchs you make for informal parties. Well. There goes my groove. Excuse me while I sit in the corner and drink my gingerale and fruitpunch soda.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I saw that stuff the other day, I was too hesitant to try it though. George kept talking about it like it was some evil concoction. :p