Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A pet peeve and a revelation.

Auto-play music on websites, especially blogs. Kill me. You load a site, sometimes more than one, and start reading when suddenly your least favorite song comes blasting through the speakers. You scramble for the mouse and quickly search each open tab for the offending music player. Those little buggers are small! I searched all three sites several times before finding it on the page I had been reading. That chick has weird music tastes. In the same playlist she has Kenny G, Celine Dion's version of Ave Maria (WHY!?), Keiko Matsui (I have no idea who this is, the name just sounded like a video game programmer), Acoustic Alchemy, David Benoit, Mannheim Steamroller, Dido and Enya. Seriously. The only ones I would listen to are Mannheim Steamroller and Enya.
Enya is amazing. Beautiful, soothing, quiet. Enya is one of my favorite musical artists.

I was typing my title when I had a revelation. A pathetic, obvious revelation, but a revelation nonetheless. Peeves the Poltergeist in Harry Potter is named Peeves because he annoys you, he peeves you. *Runs around the table* I am slow. I am slow. I am slow.

For a long time, my family had (and maybe still has) a set of Rook cards. We never played the original game 'Rook' but always one of the side games in the included book, usually 'Donkey.' I don't remember how Donkey was played but in the end, the last person to lay down their cards was forced to run around the table saying 'I am slow. I am slow. I am slow.'

No comments: