Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Can I turn off my nose?

Ugh. Saturday I woke up with a sore throat and other ickynesses that contribute to a cold. I got up, went to work at 7:30, and by 10 was going nuts. I was tired, had no energy and just general I-have-a-cold-I-don't-feel-well-ness. To make matters worse, my replacement was 10 minutes late and said he would probably be another 20 minutes finishing up what he was doing. I must've looked really sick, desperate or about ready to throttle him because he said he'd take over and finish what he was doing when my manager got back from lunch. For the rest of Saturday I did just about nothing. I watched an episode of something (I can't even remember what show it was) and fell asleep several times. I would wake up just long enough to pee, blow my nose or text someone. Sunday wasn't much better. I woke up and immediately realized I was in no condition to go to church. I tried to go back to bed was couldn't sleep so I finished a book Dave had lent me about a forensic entomologist. Talked with Nenu for a while, watched some rifftrax samples and riffed political ads. By that point I was feeling quite a bit better and even considered going to the Randlett's to watch some football. But once I started moving around, *BAM* exhaustion hit and I realized I might still be contagious. So I slept some more, and watched Star Wars A New Hope, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, and half of Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back. I think my brain is mush.
Monday dawned and with it brought hope of a better day. My sore throat was gone gone gone. My nose almost stopped dripping. I had some energy. Life was good! I got stuff done. I got to hang out with Dave and watch the first half of the Steelers game.
So you would think that today I would be even better. *buzzer* WRONG! Today my sore throat came back, my nose is driving me up the wall(!) and my eyes are all itchy and red and obnoxious.
I hate being sick.
Oh, and I have to work later. Lucky me.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Dang, you poor thing, sick again? You seemed like you were finally getting out of it too...get better soon dude! :)