Friday, September 19, 2008

Thoughts

"Come on...lose your life just so you can find it."
My friend Kat's away message jumped out at me just now. I really shouldn't be up. I was putting up an away message when I noticed my friend Mike online. Mike's at college so I haven't talked to him in a while. We ended up talking for a while (still are actually), about a very thought provoking (for me at least anyway) subject, long enough for Kat to change her away message from a tongue-twister to the above quote.
God works in mysterious ways. Just when I was feeling like my life was falling apart. I have so many things to do this fall. I'm working part time. I'm organizing a fundraiser that is supposed to happen October 24th. I'm Jan's intern this year so I have to be at PI every Wednesday. I have a small part in a community play that I was an idiot to even try out for this fall. My bedroom is a mess and Natalie is spending the weekend here. Natalie's baby is due in one month, within a week of the fundraiser, a three-day conference my parents are attending and something else that I can't remember. Just when I feel my life is falling apart. Just when I start to think of telling people heck with this I can't do it and running away to Europe to live on the streets of London, God, through Kat's away message, subtly reminds me how one must lose their life to find it.

Matthew 10:39 "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

Matthew 16:25, Mark 8:35, Luke 9:24, and Luke 17:33 also all say essentially the same thing. One thing the Bible does is repeat things that really matter. Not that anything in the Bible is unimportant, but rather some things are more -for lack of a better word- relevant than others.

No comments: