Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Getting Started

After much deliberation, I finally took the plunge and started a blog. And, after only a little less deliberation, I settled on the title: "Words, Like Silent Raindrops Fell." Alas, though, for it is not of my own creation, but from the brilliant minds of Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, and their song "Sounds of Silence."
I haven't really listened to Simon and Garfunkel much at all lately. I saw a list of 5 of Pioneerwoman's favorite S&G songs on her site. One of which was Sounds of Silence, with the lines: "In restless dreams I walked alone...narrow streets of cobblestone." I almost went with Narrow Streets of Cobblestone, but it didn't 'speak' to me like I expected the perfect title to, so I looked up the lyrics and found the perfect gem that 'spoke' volumes to me. Actually, I just really liked it and no matter what anyone said, I was using it. Muahaha.
Now I've been listening to S&G for the past hour or so.
I am going to go and finish customizing my site because that's the funnest part of anything new - customizing.

1 comment:

Havalah said...

I am so excited that you got a blog but so sad it took me this long to realize! I love being able to know what goes on with people on the other side of the world and this is the perfect option for me. I check my reader at least 3 times a day!

we need to catch up soon! I miss you so much!